Procter & Gamble Microbiologist Laboratory Manager in Southern Tagalog, Philippines
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We're looking for a manager who knows how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
P&G Cabuyao Plant produces the brands which touch billions of Filipinos, like Ariel, Tide, Safeguard, Whisper, Pampers, Joy and Downy.
We will hire you at entry management level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We will also provide you with the opportunity to expand your capabilities in quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Micro Laboratory, including but not limited to: test methods accuracy, training and qualification of lab analysts and continuous improvement, instruments/equipment maintenance and calibration, users of the lab, reagent and supplier inventory management needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly. The Laboratory Manager also holds accountability on stewardship across laboratory work processes.
Management of the Laboratory
- Be familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the laboratory and ensures all operations and procedures are executed as per these standards.
- Leads the review and implementation of the laboratory safety plan, including job safety analysis and lab safe work practices in collaboration with safety leader.
- Lead the laboratory standard management and cGMP audits. Reviews monthly BOS and SIP results for continuous improvement. Leads OPM where applicable to drive cultural improvement.
- Works with Module QA owner and Site Initiative Execution leader for the initiative integration involving new test methods, materials and standards.
- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. In cases where non-compliance is found, documents the instances as well as how they were abated.
- Ensures all reagents and supplies are available in collaboration with the work process owner.
- Manages and updates chemical inventories and/or Risk Group Agent inventories in collaboration with the work process owner.
Training and Qualification for Laboratory Analysts
- Develops the design of skill matrix and the corresponding training program for lab analysts.
- Ensures lab analysts have been trained and qualified on the correct use of the lab equipment and work procedures for the execution of chemical and physical analysis and tests, equipment training, quality systems training, safety training and/or lab safety plan reviews and ensure the training has been documented.
- Reviews the test methods and procedures and works with analytical owner for continuous improvement.
Maintenance / Housekeeping
- Ensures that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner as per cGMP standards.
- Leads the implementation of laboratory maintenance and calibration plan and business continuity plan for each equipment. Ensures all instrumentation/equipment is functioning properly to include but not limited to eyewash/safety showers and when instruments/equipment is found to need maintenance/repair, he/she contacts the PM planner to have it repaired.
Managerial / Administrative Responsibilities
- Leads the daily direction setting for the micro laboratory operations.
- Lead the micro laboratory staffing plan.
- Approves the time sheet for the lab analysts.
- Leads the performance review and assessment for the lab analysts.
- Lead the salary planning and communication.
- Approver for Certificate of Analysis requested from the micro laboratory.
- Manages micro laboratory budget and ensures that operation spending is aligned vs. approved budget.
We believe you are going to be an excellent fit here if: 1. You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology. 2. More than 2-year related work experience on managing laboratory operations. 3. You display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills. 4. High Integrity and passion to learn. 5. You have an experience in people management and manufacturing environment.
Just so you know:
- Apart from significant responsibilities from day 1, exceptional learning opportunities, and an inclusive and international working context, we also offer employees personalized flexibility designed to deliver business results and enable employees to grow their careers while meeting personal needs.
- At P&G, we don’t just offer a job, we offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities, so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow.
- Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor.
- We value flexibility and life balance and we have tools and policies ensuring our people feel part of an inclusive community.
Job: Quality Assurance
Title: Microbiologist Laboratory Manager
Location: PH-Southern Tagalog-Laguna
Requisition ID: QA 00000061