Procter & Gamble Cloud Center of Excellence Engineer in San José, Costa Rica
Are you passionate about Cloud Technologies? Are you focused on automation? P&G has a declared a Cloud First strategy and will be moving most of our workloads to the Cloud over the next few years. The Cloud Center of Expertise (COE) is responsible for enabling Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) with our Key Cloud Service Partners - Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- As a cloud engineer, you will:*
- Write/automate cloud provisioning scripts.
- Consult with multiple P&G application teams throughout their journey to the cloud, providing cloud expertise and solutions to enable the business transformation.
- Interact and support diverse IT workloads, including Business Intelligence, Big Data, transactional systems, web applications and many others.
- Learn and adopt fast changing cloud technologies, meeting various business demands and priorities, understanding and choosing architecturally sound solutions from a library of prebuilt patterns and strategic cloud hosting providers, as well as influencing our cloud reference architecture patterns.
- Be proficient with influencing cross-functional teams as well as have excellent communication skills
- Stay up to date with latest cloud technologies and opportunities including industry certifications (e.g., Azure, AWS, Puppet…) further investing in your professional development as a foundation of this role. What we offer:
- We'll give you responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- You'll have continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We offer you to work and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment
- We promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
- We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs.
- We will let you experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- We will give you a competitive salary and benefits' package. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
How much do you know about us? P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®,Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit www.pg.com for the latest news and information about us and our brands.
- Protocols, platform security, platform standards, hardware configuration and security policies.
- Have the capacity to holistically conceptualize and model the use of evolving technologies across a broad set of business applications to translate business strategies and requirements into technical design and engineer a solution to meet the business demands.
- You will need knowledge of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an applications or processes.
- You need knowledge of the key directional trends and emerging technologies in the Cloud Computing.
- Build Diverse & Collaborative Relationships to have the ability to influence decisions regarding Services being provided, as well as being able to adapt based on business needs.
- Strong leadership skills
- At least 7 years of meaningful IT experience and 3 years working with cloud technology.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Cloud Center of Excellence Engineer
Location: CR-San José-San José
Requisition ID: IT 00001715