Procter & Gamble IT Developer - Financial Services and Solutions - UK in England, United Kingdom
The Financial Services and Solutions organisation is transforming the way P&G manages its financial systems by deploying industry-leading software, with a blend of the very latest packaged applications, cutting-edge ‘smart automation’ platforms and internally developed software capabilities.
Global and regional requirements are delivered via an internal DevOps organization to optimize agility, throughput and overall user experience.
The individual(s) hired will prepare the design based upon internal customer requirements, working with the technical architects to ensure alignment to the global data model and design guidelines. They will develop business logic, interfaces, control logic and reports and perform unit testing before sending to project teams and users for validation. They will also be responsible to investigate and fix issues found during project testing, as well as prepare documentation and handover of the finished product to IT operations
Specific responsibilities will include:
Mastery of the relevant technical data model sub-areas;
Mastery of 1 modelling technology;
Own the technical development items;
Perform and manage the technical development of key components;
Work with business partners to implement new work processes by providing the systems input, specific requirements and new technical solutions;
Compile sufficient documentation for handover to IT Operations
• Background in software development. Position will require daily hands on development. Working knowledge and experience of database technology and SQL is expected. Programming experience of Java or Python would be desirable.
• General technical skills and aptitude – the candidate should have strong technical skills and the desire to acquire new ones. The candidate can expect to work with some of the largest installations of the very latest SAP platforms (SAP S/4, HANA in-memory, BW), best-of-breed automation and data analytics tools (BluePrism, KNIME, Workfusion, Pypestream), and workforce orchestration (Service Now). Flexibility and a passion for technology integration is a must!
• Strong communications skills and user understanding – the candidate should be able to interact with end-users to understand their requirements, support them during testing and defect resolution as well as to develop front-end reports for best user experience.
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analysing information, making or requesting technical decisions to achieve expected user results
• Continually learn and adapt to change – Digital tools are ever evolving. The capabilities and programming languages evolve rapidly, in line with new technology patterns. As such the ability to continually learn and stay on top of new releases features is critical to deliver better and better results over time.
• Teamwork – much of the work requires technical knowledge and multiple touch points outside of the immediate service area. As such, the ability to join forces with co-workers and business partners is a must.
• Execute with Excellence – Operates with Discipline. Being assigned processes that would require from few hrs to 2-3 weeks to be produced requires the candidate to self-organize the delivery of the owned task and report to the requestor (Project Manager or Reporting factory leader) the status update and requests for help.
Skills needed to perform this job:
• Software Development – Python / Java / SQL
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Effective team player and collaboration skills
/Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer/
Job: Information Technology
Title: IT Developer - Financial Services and Solutions - UK
Requisition ID: IT 00001734