Procter & Gamble Associate Scientist Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis (m/f) in England, United Kingdom
Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis
Are you passionate about the science behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
GSSA is part of the Global Product Stewardship function within Research & Development. We are responsible for consumer safety and global compliance. We work with the Human Safety function to provide continuous safety support throughout the life of a product. Specifically, GSSA delivers post-market safety support by establishing and maintaining the global systems and work practices necessary to ensure compliance with current safety surveillance regulations. This work includes monitoring post-market safety through individual and aggregate analysis of adverse event data, signal detection and signal management practices. A Product Vigilance Manager is responsible for the safety surveillance of one or more assigned product categories.
Your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading.
You will need to be a highly motivated, skilled and agile individual to do this role. Your key responsibilities would include:
· Managing, monitoring and understanding in-market product safety for P&G products sold worldwide to i) ensure consumer safety and regulatory compliance, ii) enhance existing systems and improve current work processes for safety surveillance and iii) analyse health related consumer complaints for signal detection and continual product improvement.
· Being the expert within GSSA with respect to the in-market safety profile, symptom profile and special issues for your assigned product categories.
· Obtaining a good understanding of relevant regulations and ensuring that all regulatory submissions are processed in accordance with applicable regulations and requirements.
· Be the product vigilance single point of contact for other P&G functions. You will be responsible for signal detection and signal management activities associated with your assigned product categories.
· You will need to be a motivated individual with a Bachelors or Masters Degree in life sciences (ideally in a health-related subject).Experience with safety surveillance or another compliance-related role (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance) would be of use but is not essential.
· You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating scientific information. Experience with external communications (regulatory authorities, industry groups) would be of use but is not essential.
· You must have excellent organization skills and be thorough and detail-oriented with a real drive to be complete and accurate in your work. This is because the work you will do is critical to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
· You must have an aptitude for systems in general and experience with electronic databases, data reporting tools and statistical analysis. Experience in signal detection, data mining and epidemiology would be of use but is not essential.
· You must be able to build diverse and collaborative relationships. GSSA partners with multiple functions within P&G globally, often virtually. You must therefore have the ability to build and nurture collaborations with key P&G functions.
· You must be able to operate with both discipline and flexibility. GSSA is a dynamic and fast-moving organization and so you will need to be agile and able to focus on priorities and execute against them.
_What we offer you_
· Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
· Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
· Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
· Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
_Good to know_
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Job: Research & Development
Title: Associate Scientist Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis (m/f)
Requisition ID: RND00003851