Procter & Gamble Industrial Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you have a passion for innovation? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? One dollop, one spritz, one squeeze, one scoop at a time, our products make your day just a little bit better. At P&G, we see big potential in life’s little moments. Brushing teeth. Washing hair. Showering. Shaving. Caring for the baby. Cleaning the house. Doing the dishes, and the laundry. We make products that help make these moments a little easier. P&G serves consumers around the globe with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands. As an Industrial Designer, you would be responsible for crafting extraordinary design solutions that balance consumer needs within technical constraints and manufacturing processes.
All of our roles provide competitive wages as well as the opportunity to use your talents of understanding end user and human factors, creating blue-sky concepts, challenging paradigms and working towards excellence in form, architecture, pack shape, color, material, and finish.
We are looking for you to have:
- A BS/BA in Industrial Design or similar discipline
- Software fluency in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Working knowledge of relevant CAD systems (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform) or rendering software (e.g. KeyShot or Move)
- A portfolio that will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem solving and technical mastery.
- A case study that demonstrates design process is needed.
- Strong design mastery and the desire to solve problems using design skills as shown in a high-reaching portfolio with 0-5 years industry experience.
We feel you will be an excellent fit here if you have:
- Experience with animation tools (Flash, Premiere, Maya, etc.)
- A good base knowledge in key manufacturing processes (blow molding, injection molding, etc).
- Examples connecting consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges.
- Exceptional collaboration/interdependence skills through past examples. Ability to engage and influence across functional partners.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead multiple initiatives and handle complexity with excellence. Examples of discipline, time and project management skills; possess the capability to set priorities and be accountable; and successfully navigate project complexities to lead the work from conceptual start to final design delivery.
- Use of empathy and non-linear thinking and the ability to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind. These things are important to note:
We use online assessments to measure skills and abilities that generally do not emerge from interviews. These assessments are essential as they help us figure out if you possess the competencies needed to be successful at P&G.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Formal Title: Innovation Manager Qualifies for Overtime: No
Title: Industrial Designer
Requisition ID: RND00003786
Other Locations: US-Massachusetts-Boston