Procter & Gamble R&D-Data Engineer in Beijing, China
Data Engineer in P&G R&D department plays an important role to leverage data for irresistible superior product and package design and experience. The Data engineer identifies data sources, creates effective data processing pipelines, and partners with multiple functional teams to enable insight generation from data. The responsibility includes but is not limited to below:
- Define conceptual/logical data model and data architecture and strategy to meet agreed to business requirements of high resolution images.
- Partner with IT to define data storage solution and access of high resolution images. Scope includes acquiring, cleaning, formatting and structuring data to enable data analysis.
- Define the business work process to ensure data standards are met and ensure ongoing data quality, security and governance.
- Ensure analytic needs are understood and met by working closely with Data Scientist and R&D business partner on analytic and project needs, as well as problem to be solved.
Technical skills required:
- Database and Programming proficiency (demonstrated real world skills) with databases (relational, graph, NoSQL, MongoDB), data modeling, and relevant programming tools such as SQL, Python, SPARK
- Image handling and querying expertise with imaging pipeline related skills e.g. experience with OpenCV, FFMPEG; experience with Docker and micro-services
- Working with Big Data technologies including Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS, Azure, Google) and Database technology (Hadoop, MS SQL Server)
To learn more about this career path,click here.
Qualifications: * Undergraduate (with experience) or Master’s Degree Computer Sciences and Engineering. * Experience with and staying current on modern data science tools e.g. Jupyter and software engineering practices e.g. Git, GitHub; Issue, Change and Requirements Management (Jira) and monitoring solutions (Zabbix, Cloudwatch) * Understand proper data handling and security requirements based on latest company policy and local legal/regulatory requirements e.g. security classification, PII with proven experience delivering and securing high quality data. * Strong Leadership and partnership skills. - Can operate and influence with sufficient independence to provide technical direction to project team, can partner with multiple functions effectively. * Strong hands on and problem solving skills, and agility to manage multiple tasks.
All of our hiring in China will follow the China Government Employment Regulation, foreign candidate applying for mainland China's position should comply with local laws and regulations on foreigner employment management, please kindly visit the following website to understand more of this regulation.
Please kindly input your name in both Chinese characters and Pinyin when you fill in the form. Thank you!
Job: Research & Development
Title: R&D-Data Engineer
Requisition ID: RND00003981